STATEMENT OF PRIVACY
Effective July 4th, 2018
For the purposes of applicable data protection law, The KondiKids Foundation (“KondiKids”) is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and respected. This Statement of Privacy (“Statement”) governs data collection, transfer and usage, and applies to (a) visitors of the KondiKids’ Website (“Site”), (b) visitors to the websites of our recommended organisations; and (c) donors and volunteers of KondiKids. By using the Site, you understand and consent to the data practices described in this Statement.
What information we collect from you?
KondiKids collects personally identifiable information, such as your name, e-mail address, home address, company name and address, and/or telephone number, and any other information provided by our collaborators on the registration forms KondiKids is equally able to collect personal information provided through correspondences.
Further, information about your computer hardware and software can automatically be collected by KondiKids or the technology it uses to provide the website to you. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. The Browser Information is used by KondiKids or its service providers for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the site.
Note that non-personal anonymous demographic information, which is not unique to you, such as your ZIP code, age, gender, preferences, interests, sites visited and favorites can also be collected.
We do not collect any special categories of personal Information about you (like details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, information about your health and genetic and biometric data). Nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
To respect the personal lives of our visitors and collaborators, we do not collect any special categories of personal Information about you; such as details on your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, information about your health and genetic and biometric data; nor do we collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose personally identifiable information or personally sensitive data through KondiKids’ public message boards, this information may be collected and used by others.
How we collect information about you
KondiKids can make use of the various below mentioned methods to collect Personal Information from and about you:
- Direct interactions between you and KondiKids: This is when you give us your personal information by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by phone, post, e-mail, etc. Such information could also be made available to us when you register for an account for our Website, give us ideas, suggestions, feedback or make a request, etc.
- Automated interactions and technologies: As you interact with our Website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal information by using cookies. We may obtain information about you from other sources, including payment processors. KondiKids will only receive and/or use the data pursuant to the consent you provide to those other sources..
- Third parties or publicly available sources: We may also receive personal information about you from various third parties and public sources, including analytics providers such as Google.
Use of Your Personal Information we collect
KondiKids collects and uses your Personal Information and Browser Information to operate the Site and deliver the services you have requested.
Below are a couple of examples of what we do with your Personal Information:
- To process your charitable donation and materials;
- For internal records keeping;
- To administer competition and contests;
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new projects or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided, where you have consented to being contacted for such purposes;
- To provide you with feedback on the project you have chosen to donate to; and
- To analyze and improve our Website.
From time to time we may post parents, students, volunteers’ testimonials, comments or reviews on our Site which may contain personal information such as the individual’s name. We will obtain each parent or student or everyone’s consent via e-mail prior to posting the testimonials.
KondiKids uses your Personal Information and/or Non-Personal or Browser Information to inform you of other information available from the Foundation and its subsequent affiliates.
KondiKids may also contact you via surveys to conduct research about your opinion of current actions or of potential new projects and actions that may be taken for children and parents.
Kondikids may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of children or parents about a particular action that may be of interest to you. We do not transfer, nor sell or lease your Personal Information to third parties, but may share Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties to help us send you email or postal mail, for example. Such third parties are prohibited from using your Personal Information except to provide these services to the Foundation, and they are required to exercise reasonable care and diligence in maintaining the confidentiality of your information.
International transfers of your Personal Information
Where countries have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for Personal Information by the European Commission, we may transfer your Personal Information to third parties based in those countries.
The Personal Information we collect from you may, in rare occasions, and with your consent be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”), including Cameroon. This could be, for example, for the purposes of enabling us to put you in contact with your sponsored child and parents in case of sponsoring.
We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your Personal Information is treated securely and in accordance with this Statement; we will ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- Making of use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give Personal Information the same protection it has in Europe.
- For Site visitors and donors who reside outside of The Netherlands, including the European Economic Area, transferring and/or storing site visitors’ and donors’ personal information to the Netherlands, where the servers for KondiKids and authorized third-parties are located. Consent from our collaborators will be asked before such transfers.
If you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your Personal Information out of the EEA, then please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Controlling your personal information
In all events, you will be able to access and update (including delete) your personal information. If you no longer wish to receive our newsletter or any communications from us, you may wish to opt-out at any time from our database, or to exercise one or more of the legal rights. You also have the right:
- To access the Personal Information that we may hold about you;
- To rectify any inaccurate Personal Information that we may hold about you;
- To have your Personal Information erased in certain circumstances, for example, where it is no longer necessary for us to process your Personal Information to fulfil our processing purposes; where you object to your data being processed on certain grounds (for example, for marketing purposes) or where your Personal Information is being unlawfully processed;
- To object to our processing of your Personal Information where we are relying on a legitimate interest and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts your fundamental rights and freedoms;
- To restrict the processing of your Personal Information under limited circumstances; and
- To have your data ported to a another party if you no longer wish to use our Site or our services.
We honor requests made directly by users to remove their names from our database. If you wish to have your information removed, or to exercise any of the legal rights, please send us an email to info@Kondikids.org. Don’t forget to include your full name and the email address you seek to unsubscribe.
Cookies: The Site uses “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize the KondiKids pages, or register with the Site or services, a cookie helps KondiKids to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information. When you return to the same Site, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the customized features of our Site.
How do I control my cookie settings on my computer or device?
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. If you choose to decline, disable or block cookies, parts of the website may not function correctly and you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the services provided by KondiKids or the websites you visit.
Should you choose however to disable or block our cookies on your computer or other devices you will need to do this through your browser. Click on the “Help” menu on your particular browser to learn how to manage your cookie preferences. Alternatively, you can visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.youronlinechoices.eu for comprehensive Personal Information on how to manage cookies.
The do-not-track signal is a privacy preference that users can set in certain web browsers. The Site recognizes do-not-track signals sent by your browser. To learn more or to enable do-not-track signals for your browser, please visit https://termsfeed.com/do-not-track.
Third Party Digital Marketing Platforms.
KondiKids might eventually work with third party digital marketing platforms such as Google AdWords Remarketing. These digital marketing platforms will use tracking technologies to advertise The KondiKids organization across the Internet. These digital marketing platforms (a) will display ads to you based on what parts of the KondiKids.org Site you have viewed by placing a cookie or other ad targeting technology on your web browser; and (b) may not recognize do-not-track signals. Please see the relevant privacy policies, using the link above, for the opt-out procedure. In the event we use or change third party digital marketing platforms, we will update this Statement to reflect the change.
Security of your Personal Information
We are committed to ensuring that your Personal Information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, we have put in place appropriate physical, technical and organizational measures to safeguard and secure the Personal Information we collect online.
We ensure that any Personal Information sent to us (such as a credit card number) is protected through the use of encryption such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. This is industry standard encryption technology that prevents your Personal Information being intercepted and misused by third parties.
Our security professionals periodically monitor and test our web interface touch-points and implement technology updates in an effort to block attempts from unauthorized intrusions.
KondiKids secures the Personal Information you provide on computer servers located in The Netherlands, which servers are in a controlled, secure environment, reasonably protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Please keep in mind that no Internet transmission is 100% secure. Some e-mails sent to or from our Site may not be secure. Please consider this when sending information to us by e-mail. Although we will do our best, making reasonably diligent efforts to secure and protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the complete security of your data transmitted to our Website; there is no perfect security that is impenetrable from hackers and thieves. Once we have received your Personal Information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
In the very unlikely event we believe that the security of your information in the possession or control of KondiKids may have been compromised and if notification is appropriate, we may notify you using the information you submitted to us.
How long will information be held for
We will only retain your Personal Information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for Personal Information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the Personal Information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of your Personal Information, the purposes for which we process your Personal Information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
For further information on retention periods, please contact us using the details provided at the end of this Statement.
Disclosure of your personal information
We may occasionally wish to share your Personal Information, including your e-mail address, with our partner organizations as part of specific initiatives. Where this is the case, we will ask you for your consent in advance to share your Personal Information in this way. We will not share any of your Personal Information with our partner organizations unless you consent by opting-in.
We will not share Personal Information collected through our Site with unrelated third parties, except as provided in this Statement. We may share Personal Information in the following situations:
- Where it is necessary to provide Personal Information to our trusted third party service providers to perform functions and provide services to us, such as hosting and maintaining our servers and the Website, database storage and management, e-mail and other social media marketing and donation processing, to the extent necessary to supply the services or information to you;
- where it is necessary to provide selected third parties, including analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of the Website;
- where it is necessary to comply with the law or enforce any legal rights. For example, we may disclose information about you as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to respond to claims, legal process, to protect our rights and interests or those of a third party, the safety of the public or any person, to prevent or stop any illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity, or to otherwise comply with applicable court orders, laws, rules and regulations; or
- where we believe that we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information in order to comply with any legal obligation; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of us or others.
Third Party Links
KondiKids Site may contain links to the other organizations and companies which may be of interest. However, once you use this links to leave our Site, you should note that we do not have any control over those other Websites; therefore, we will not be responsible for the protection and privacy of any Personal Information. You should exercise caution and we encourage you to review the privacy statements of those Websites in question so that you can understand how those websites collect, use and share your information.
Revisions to this Statement
KondiKids will occasionally update this Statement to reflect community and children’s feedback. KondiKids encourages you to periodically review this Statement to be informed of how it is protecting your information, and to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
If you wish to receive information from us and you have not previously given us your consent, please let us know by emailing us at email@example.com.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is inaccurate or incomplete, please contact us. We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate. We will use reasonable efforts to promptly determine and remedy the problem.
KondiKids welcomes your questions and comments regarding this Statement. If you believe that KondiKids has not adhered to this Statement, please let us know. You can contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
This Statement of Privacy was last updated on 29 June 2018.